Will this be the year you make things happen with your business?
Let me help!
- Free webinars & teleclasses, including a new joint venture with Monyka Berrocosa of MyCity4Her
- $250 Video Production in Baltimore & California
- Small Group Mastermind
Hope you'll join me! Deborah
|In our wired world, what people say about you is VERY important.
My family took a short vacation in Arizona over holiday break. We'd never been there before and used the Internet for all our research---booking our hotels, restaurants and activities before we arrived. We used a number of different sites to cross-check reviews, ratings and comments and were not disappointed with any of our choices.
Seems like we were unwittingly a part of a huge trend: consumers are relying enormously on reviews---even by complete strangers---to make their purchase decisions.
In one study of 2,000 shoppers - 92% deemed customer reviews as "extremely" or "very" helpful. (eTailing Group). Another report in the New York Times describes a study that shows a measurable increase in business from getting more stars in your Yelp review. A little good buzz can get you a lot of mileage online.
Reviews can also give a big boost to your search rankings. Go to Google and do a search for "Conejo Tankless" to see how highly Google returns a review.
Even if your business isn't a restaurant or retail location that has a listing on Yelp or Angie's List, there are still plenty of ways to enlist customer support to help sway potential clients.
- Make sure your Linked In profile has several good, meaty recommendations from professional colleagues, clients, bosses, etc.
- Also review other people who are well-known to you. These cross-referencing can help both of you.
- Put testimonials and case studies on your own website. If possible, use photos and names of the people who gave them to add credibility.
- Make a regular practice of collecting new testimonials from happy clients and get their permission to use their words.
- Participate in online conversations in your area of specialty, engaging in a dialogue that helps show off your expertise and real interactions with people. Do this by blogging, replying to other's blogs, retweeting things of interest.
- Solicit Likes to your Facebook Business page and followers to your Twitter feed---the number of fans will add to your credibility.
- Set a Google Alert so you can read any new posts or information about you that gets posted anywhere. (www.google.com/alerts)
And the inevitable question...what do you do if there's a bad review? First, try to make things right with the client if it's a legitimate complaint. If it's not legit, go to the online publisher and try to get it pulled down. But by far your best defense is a good offense---simply offset the one negative by having lots of positives!
So, go Google yourself and see what's being said about you.
Make it your business to make sure it's all good!
|Need a kick in the pants? |
Maybe my upcoming Mastermind group is for you.
- Figure out what works and doesn't
- Get focused on what is really important
- Come up with a clear action plan for success!
"I enrolled in Deborah's Business Mastermind Group with lots of ideas and enthusiasm about a new business model but no concrete direction. The worksheets, homework assignments & bi-weekly teachings gave me the focus, inspiration & accountability I needed to move from overwhelmed to intentional. I found that participating with other solo-preneurs benefit me in unexpected ways. I loved the convenience of the format where I could dial in from the road if I couldn't be at my computer, and/or replay the webinar in full for a review of important points.
Deborah is an extremely professional moderator; she knows how to keep participants engaged during the entire session. I would highly recommend this series if you want to hone your target market, determine the best ways to find and connect with your ideal customers, and create ongoing revenue streams by serving their needs." KA
How about going for it?
Back to Basics for 2012: Mastermind Program begins Feb. 1.
Reinforce the underpinnings of your business and MAKE MORE MONEY in 2012 with my structured small group coaching program. We meet for 90-minutes once every two weeks for a total of six sessions---PLUS YOU GET A ONE HOUR ONE-ON-ONE COACHING SESSION too.
Only 8 people and several slots are already spoken for! Get details today. http://www.boldbusinessworks.com/mastermind-program
|WANT TO ADD A VIDEO TO YOUR WEBSITE?|
Do it with me for just $250 in one efficient morning.
I've created a special program, partnering with professional videographers to coach you on the content and format of your online commercial, shoot, edit and deliver it to you digitally so you can easily add it to YouTube, your website, anywhere you want!
See some examples of videos we've already produced:
Only 5 participants per date, reserve your place now!
If you are considering coaching, please set up your own Coaching Exploration call with me! Click here to set up a time.
If your organization is looking for a dynamic speaker, check out my new speaker one-sheet with details on all my talks.
I look forward to talking with you!
Bold Business Works
|You are invited to these FREE business success events.|
GET YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW
There's no better way to start off your January!
Set your priorities for the year ahead!
Tuesday, Jan 10th @ 12noon ET
YOUR WEBSITE ON MOBILE DEVICES
What you need to know about how people interact with your website when they access it on a phone or iPad.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 19TH AT 12NOON.
New program with Monyka Berrocosa.
SAVVY BIZ LEARNING:
Arlene Ciroula of Katz Abosch
Systems to Plan for Success!
BLOG TALK RADIO PROGRAM ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 5TH 2pm ET
WEBINAR ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 19TH 2pm ET
OTHER UPCOMING PROGRAMS---Mark your calendar now:
Joni Daniels: Are You Sending the Right Message?
Weds. Feb 15th
Google + for Business
Thursday, March 15th
Attorney Kathleen Rus: What you need to know about copyright and trademarks
Thursday, April 19th